Latest Update :
28/10/2010 v1.6.0 . This update should have come six months ago, unfortunately at that time i had abandoned Gnome in favor of the more modern (and buggy as i was about to find out) KDE. Anyway, this is mainly a bug fix release, so many long standing problems should now be fixed.Description :
This theme looks best with the Faenza-Dark icon theme. It's also designed to work with or without the globalmenu hack (see instructions) . If you are a Pekwm user , there is a wonderfull matching theme
. Instructions :
- Extract the archive, go to the gtk folder and install Azel, Azel Original and Azel New through the theme manager.
- If you prefer the gnome standard button placement use the Azel window border. If you prefer buttons on the left (as in the screenshot) use the Azel Original window border and go to the next step. The Azel New decorator works as well for both layouts.
- If you have selected the Azel Original window border , open gconf-editor, go to apps->metacity-> general and change the button_layout to close,maximize,minimize:menu.
- If you are using compiz , open gconf-editor, go to apps->gwd and set metacity_theme_opacity to 1 . Then, go to apps->compiz->plugins->decoration->allscreens->options and set shadow_opacity to 0.85 , shadow_radius to 8.5 , shadow_x_offset to 0 and shadow_y_offset to 4.
- If you prefer emerald to metacity/gtk-window-decorator , go to the emerald folder and install the themes. You can also look here [link]
for decorators that have the buttons on the right side.
- If you are using globalmenu, go to your themes directory and browse inside Azel/gtk-2.0/. Open the file gtkrc and scroll down near the bottom till you find the line 'include "tweaks-no-globalmenu.rc"' (without the quotes). Comment out (put a # symbol in front of) that line, uncomment (remove the # from) the '#include "tweaks-globalmenu.rc" line and reload the theme.
- If you prefer the old silver panel, go to your themes directory and browse inside Azel/gtk-2.0/. Open the file gtkrc and scroll down near the bottom till you find the line 'include "panelblack.rc"' (without the quotes). Comment out (put a # symbol in front of) that line, uncomment (remove the # from) the '#include "panel.rc"' line and reload the theme.
- If you are using Ubuntu Karmic x64 and have problems with thunar and huge toolbars, use the included deb or follow the included instructions to compile a fixed version yourself.
- If you are using firefox just use Midori
. Just kidding
. Go to the firefox folder and into ff2 if you are using firefox2 or ff3 for firefox3. In case you are using the hidemenubar extension, there is also the Azel-no-menubar theme included.
- If you are using Mplayer , extract the contents of the Azel-mplayer archive into ~/.mplayer/skins . Changelog :
- Panel code rewritten from scratch.
- Default button states added.
- Shadow margins fixed.
- Text color on progressbars fixed.
- Better progressbars in treeviews.
- Firefox no longer needs a skin.
- Chromium frame color fixed.
- Changed default icons to Faenza-Dark.
- Support for Nautilus-Elementary.